- We request that members who are also members to the Desideratum forum please register in the Fan Fiction Library with their forum username. We request that members of the Fan Fiction Library who decide to also join the forum please register with their same Fan Fiction Library username.
- Reasonably correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If such a request is ignored, the story will be deleted. If there may be a question as to the quality of your writing, please either contact the library moderator and/or get a beta reader to review your story prior to submission.
- We accept stories to the Fan Fiction Library that are rated G, PG and PG-13. We also accept R rated stories with the appropriate warnings to readers and within reason. If we deem that the R rating has been abused, we may disallow the submission of R rated stories in the future. Ratings explained below.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a complete disclaimer. If a suitable disclaimer is not included, the site administrators reserve the right to add a disclaimer. Repeat offenders may be subject to further action up to and including removal of stories and account.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story. So please do NOT add your story multiple times!
- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
- Actor/actress stories are not permitted...not even if they're visiting an alternate reality.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in
your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
- As of OCT 17, 2010: Only completed stories will be accepted. We NO LONGER ACCEPT WIP (Work in Progress) stories in the library. We believe that it is unfair for a reader to come to the library with the expectation that they are reading a completed story and then find out it isn't, and then be even more disappointed that the story has the potential of never being completed. WIPs already submitted will be granted a grace period for completion. These authors will be notified. If the WIPs aren't completed in the allotted time frame then the stories will be removed from the library. Any new active WIPs from this point on should be submitted in the Fan Fiction Forum ONLY. You will need to be a member of the Desideratum Forum in order to do so. Once the WIP story is completed, then the completed version of the story can be submitted to the library.
- Please use double spacing between paragraphs in your story. It is much easier on the reader.
- General public and/or constructive comments are welcome. Any criticisms should be sent to the author privately. Authors may remove any comment posted to their reviews that they don't want to appear publicly. If comments are abusive, please also report them to the moderator so that the issue can be handled appropriately. Anyone who abuses the comments system may result in having their account deactivated from the library.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.
- G - May be seen/read by anyone, regardless of age. No profanity, no sexual situations, no references to nudity, and no violence.
- PG - May be read by anyone, but readers should be aware that there may be occasional mild foul language, more mature themes such as oblique references to sex or some kissing scenes, and brief and in passing reference to nudity.
- PG-13 - Not recommended for anyone under the age of 13. These stories may contain some stronger language, violence, references to lovemaking and some more descriptive -- though not explicit -- sexual scenes. No detailed descriptions of full nudity are allowed. Stories that fall in this category need to contain a warning to the readers.
- R - Parental consent required for reading by anyone under the age of 18; stories may contain descriptions of alluded to sexual intercourse, and NOT fully explicit. They may contain descriptions of alluded to nudity, but again these should NOT be explicit. Let's leave something to the imagination of the readers. May also contain strong language, or more graphic violence. Again these stories need to come with a warning to the readers. Again, if we deem this rating has been abused, it will be disallowed in the future.
Stories that are NOT allowed: Slash, pedophilia, graphic sexual terminology, incest, rape, multiple sex partners, stories mainly of sexual innuendo, and sexual fetishes ie. adult spanking. This is so that our expectations are crystal clear. Any stories that fit any of this criteria will be removed immediately. If any reader comes across a story of this nature before a moderator has, please report it so that it can be removed from the library.
Disclaimer: We do not screen stories for content as this is time-intensive. All readers should be aware of this and read stories at their own risk. However, we will do our best to remove any stories that do not meet the submission guidelines listed above.